Friday, March 11, 2011

The Women Share Their Experiences...

And did they ever. This week on The Bachelor, the past contestants joined host, Chris Harrison to share their experiences on the show. These experiences included everything from off-camera footage to drama that ensued within the house. 


The highlight of the tell-all show for me was to see the women confront the controversial, and over-confident Michelle Money. It seemed after they all watched the episodes after their experiences on The Bachelor were over, they had some issue with the way Michelle talked about them to the camera (a side of her they did not see before). There was even a point during the attack from the women that Michelle got to the point where she was crying so hard that she couldn't breathe. Her defense: her attitude was merely a reflection of her sarcastic sense of humour, and they obviously misinterpreted her. I actually began to feel sorry for her at points. And yes, even though I have disagreed with her attitude in previous posts, I come to realize that television tends to inflate a slight negative characteristic such as sarcasm for entertainment purposes. When Chris brought Brad onto the stage and asked him if Michelle's over-confidence and sarcasm turned him off in any way, he actually defended her by saying that her confidence was endearing and she "had game." Kudos to Michelle for being aggressive enough to be considered top-notch in her game. Brad may be defending her just because he feels sorry for her, however, he really seemed genuine in her defense. Maybe she wasn't so bad after all... 
Check out this clip and make your own interpretation. It is 14 minutes, but trust me, it is intense. 
The second highlight of the night: Ashley Hebert's new 'do. Could this be a potential image booster for when she starts filming for the next season of The Bachelorette? 
For those who of you who do not watch The Bachelor because you fail to see any sort of entertainment in the show, watch the last hour next week between 9p.m. and 10p.m. It is the season finale where Brad will choose the woman who he wants to marry. Corny, I know, but the episode will epitomize what reality TV love is all about. It will also give you something to talk about the next day. 
Hint: Men, if you want a good conversation starter, watch it! 

7 comments:

  1. I only watched a couple of episodes this season, so I wasn't up-to-date of the drama that went down. During the episodes I DID watched, Michelle was ruthless; however it also make me want to see what mischief she would be up to the next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to watch this show but not anymore. I do not believe you can fall in love in a show, with cameras around and kissing everyone. I do not know how long these couples last after their season ends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only caught a few episodes this season, but my first impression was that Ashley H was insane, controlling and manipulating. It would make for very entertaining television if she were the next bachelorette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boyfriends sister watches this show every monday and i catch a little before my boyfriend causes a scene and insists that we leave...I can't help but think reality TV isn't all reality and that Michelle was told to play up her character a little more than what she is actually like. It does make for a entertaining show and i like your insight Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just read all your blog post. I can honestly say I have never watched an episode of the bachelor, but I will say it does sound very interesting (dramatic.) You give a great re-cap of each episode

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was excited to see that you addressed the 'Michelle' issue. I personally, did not feel bad for her at all when the other girls were attacking her. She was dishing it out every episode, so she should have been prepared to take it once the ladies realized what she was saying about them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never really watch this show, but I do like it! I also like that there's a women tell all segment afterward because it's keeping it real. It's also interesting to hear what everyone has to say when everything is all said and done. That's it. Next season I am going to watch it.

    ReplyDelete