1. Your partner is not aware your relationship is committed 4
2. You are wondering if this relationship is committed 4
3. You and your partner have differences of opinion about the status of your relationship 4
4. Your family and friends have different perceptions about the status of your relationship 4
5. You and your partner have not acted to explicitly formalize your commitment in some way 4
6. You are relying on verbal promises without a significant track record of them being kept 4
In The Bachelor, there is this sense of ambiguity, as bachelor, Brad Womack cannot actually tell the women how he feels about them. Yes, he can tell them he likes them, but how much is that actually worth when they are confessing their love for him, and at the same time he is sharing the same experiences with other women. In the real world, this would definitely NOT be considered a committed and healthy relationship, but this is national television, after all. Take a look at last week's episode as Chantal O. has a breakdown over this issue around the 7:50 mark.
-Real(ity) Love Critic